Thursday 16 April 2015

A Summery Pond Manicure!

I have really neglected the blog badly in the last few weeks but sometimes life just gets in the way ... So a new post today to celebrate the few sunny days that we've have had here lately - a summery pond manicure that I did sometime ago but didn't get around to posting earlier. Ever since I did my first  pond manicure, I have really come to like the subtle beauty of this type of nail art.
I chose some very summery neon orange and yellow polishes for this. The orange is Précision Nail Lacquer Orange She Hot? and the yellow, Got An Idea? The manicure is three layers of stamping sandwiched between four layers of polish. I started with a coat of polish, then stamped an image from the Cheeky Jumbo Plate 2, Tropical Holiday, with Konad White. I alternated the layers of stamping and polish and finished with top coat. Its important to wait in between the layers for them to dry. And of course, instead of the stamping, you can always dot on some white polish. For the accent finger, I stamped a hibiscus flower from the same stamping plate with the Mundo de Uñas stamping polish 32, Reddish.


2 comments: