Sunday 23 March 2014

Celtic Knots Green Manicure

I did not get a chance to do a St. Patrick's Day manicure last week so a green manicure has been on my mind for a few days! Also, I had this lovely green nail polish that I have wanted to wear for some time. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bit of a nail fail as you will see!
I painted my nails with China Glaze Gaga for Green, which is a gorgeous green and I think it looks very flattering on my nails. I tried out some new images (for me) from the Create Your Own Bundle Monster Set. The plates I used are BM-406 and BM-403. The stamping polish is Essie Good as Gold.
Essie Good as Gold is one of my favourite stamping polishes but this time, I don't know if it was the polish or the plates, but I did not get a crisp stamping image, specially from the BM-406 plate. I re-did it a half a dozen times but it didn't really come out as I wanted it to. I know that I have heard some people complain about the quality of the images in this set on some Facebook stamping groups. I think I will have to try these images sometime again to see if I do any better or if the plates are really faulty. At least, I still enjoyed wearing the manciure because of the lovely green polish!

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with these plates and essie gold. Switched to barry m gold foil and it was flawless. Not sure what the deal is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that suggestion! I will try that out! Ta!

      Delete