Friday 14 March 2014

Purple - Quilted and Flakies - GOT Polish

Purple is one of my favourite nail polish colours so I really enjoyed doing this prompt for the GOT Polish Challenge. Also, even though I love the manicures I have seen with the Layla Butterfly Effect Nail Polish, it has been in my heap of "un-trieds" for a while - so I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to break out the gorgeous flakies for this manicure!
On three of my nails, I am wearing a base of Barry M Gelly in Plum topped with two coats of Layla Ceramic Effect CE52, The Butterfly Effect nail polish. For the other two nails, I first painted the nails with Catrice 07 Genius in the Bottle. This is a gold-green duochrome. I marked out the criss-cross quilted pattern with striping tape and painted with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Grape Escape on top. I removed the tape while the Grape Escape was still wet and finished with top coat.



1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with these! I always have such a hard time stamping, so serious props for pulling of such a precise finish!

    ReplyDelete