Thursday 20 March 2014

Ruffle French Tip Manicure - GOT Polish

The prompt for the GOT Polish Challenge is the Ruffle Manicure. For this manicure, you just need to use a large dotting tool to create a line of dots on your nails. Then follow it up with successive lines of slightly overlapping dotted lines in a different colour. The end result looks like fabric ruffles. There's a good tutorial on Chalkboard Nails.
I thought it would be nice to use the ruffle nail art as an accent and french tips rather than the whole nail so this is what I did.
Its a pretty simple technique and the end result is very cute and colourful. This is my first attempt at this kind of nail art. I painted my nails with China Glaze For Audrey. And I did the ruffles with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Flashy Fuschia and Revlon Gold Coin.

The one flaw in my choice of nail polishes was choosing the Revlon Gold Coin! This polish has a lot of micro glitter in it so the dots do not look well-defined, where I used the gold. A foil polish would look much better with this technique. Oh well, you live and learn!


2 comments:

  1. This colour combination is great! I think gold coin works really well, but I agree I think a foil polish may have worked better. I love the accent nail too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like the colours too! :-)

      Delete