Tuesday 3 June 2014

OPI Push and Shove - Swatch, Review & Nail Art

I am not a huge fan of chrome polishes but I do like them from time to time, specially for my toenails in the summer. When I recently came across OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani Collection, it promised a metallic ultra-chrome reflective mirror finish - so tempting - I had to try it!
OPI Push and Shove Chrome Nail Polish
It comes with a complimentary base coat, OPI Lay Down That Base. Its supposed to be worn with this base coat but with no top coat. Like most polishes of this kind, it does highlight all the imperfections in your nails. But the polish itself does dry to a high metallic shine with no brush strokes. People really noticed this on my nails - it is quite eye-catching!
OPI says that, "Push and Shove is intended for one night wear only". On my toes, it lasted for four to five days before it showed signs of wear. But on my finger nails, it only lasted a little more than a day.
I thought some blue stamping would show up nicely on it!
Blue Seashells on Chrome
So this is OPI Lay Down That Base topped with two coats of OPI Push and Shove. The blue is the Mundo de Uñas Stamping polish 54. And the sea shells are from the Cheeky Stamping plate Jumbo 2, Tropical Holiday.
Blue Seashells stamping nail art on Chrome polish

Blue Seashells stamping nail art on Chrome polish

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have recently gotten this polish but haven't used it yet. I think I need to get a good ridge filling polish first since a few of my nails have deep ridges. It looks great on your nails. And really like the stamping you did over it. I have just recently used a silver metallic (one that doesn't show ridges/marks as much) and sparingly topped them with a pretty matte glitter. But I do want to get into the stamping also. Thank you for the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete