Thursday 21 May 2015

China Glaze Road Trip - some Swatches, Reviews & nail art

I have swatches of three of the polishes from the China Glaze Road Trip Collection for Spring 2015.
China Glaze Road Trip Swatches
I also stamped one of these for a pretty look, great for a spring/summer manicure ...
China Glaze Road Trip More to Explore Nail Art
First up, is Sun's Up, Top Down. This is a bright yellow polish with gold shimmer. This is three coats with no top coat. The formula was all right and was opaque in two to three coats. I am not a big fan of yellow polishes but this one is nice, specially for the summer. I think I'd like to wear it with some colourful stamping.
The second is Dashboard Dreamer. This is a baby blue polish with a gold-pink shimmer, although the shimmer is not very obvious on the nails. The formula for this was the the thinnest out of the three and tended to pool at the edges so application was slightly tricky. This polish reminds me of Sinful Colors Cinderella although in that one, the shimmer is more pronounced.
This third polish was my favourite of the three - maybe because I like peachy polishes - its More to Explore. But the formula was also the best of the three I've swatched. I have used three coats here but you can easily get away with two. Its a lovely pastel neon peach - a gorgeous colour for spring/summer.
China Glaze Road Trip More to Explore

I stamped More to Explore with Essie Penny Talk - love the peach-copper combination! The swirly image is from a Born Pretty Stamping Plate, BP-L003. I had been craving (can you use that word in the context of nail polish?!) a peach-rose gold manicure for weeks - so this one just hit the spot!
China Glaze Road Trip More to Explore Nail Art

2 comments: