Sunday 17 November 2013

Peacock Feather Nails - Holo on glitter!

I loved my last peacock feather manicure and I wanted to recreate that look but with a MoYou London image plate. And this is how it looks ...

holographic color club harp on it stamping on glitter
This picture above is in natural light.

I used the same polishes as the last time. I used Barry M Navy as the base and then added the glitter polish, Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Mermaid's Tale on top. I stamped the peacock feathers with the holographic polish, Color Club Harp on It. The image plate is MoYou London Plate 03 from the Pro Collection. The images on their non-XL plates just about fit my nails and I had to double stamp it on my thumb.

This photo is with indoor lighting...
holographic color club harp on it stamping on glitter
The way the holographic polish shimmered in the light is simple stunning. The last time I stamped with a silver polish and although I love that polish I stamped with, plain silver just does not have the shimmer of multiple colours like real peacock feathers. But the holo really brings this stamped image to life!

holographic color club harp on it stamping on glitter
I even managed to get these last couple of pics in the sun. But this was on the second day, so you may see slight tip wear.

holographic color club harp on it stamping on glitter

7 comments:

  1. You're right, the holo polish really brings the peacock feathers to life, this looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think my photos have not done it justice - but it proved very difficult to capture the detail and the shimmer at the same time! :-)

      Delete
  2. The holo totally brings it to life, I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you stamped over the glitter, it has this deep layered look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep thinking I should do more stamping on glitter and textured polishes manicures! :-)

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous, I love the holo-over-glitter effect! The peacock stamping matches the color of the glitter polish perfectly!

    I was worried about the non-XL MoYou plates fitting my nails, but if they fit your long nails (I'm so jealous haha) they should definitely fit my short nubs :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) The images on the non-XL plate just about fit mine (other than the thumb) - it also means more images per plate! :-)

      Delete