Saturday 2 November 2013

Celebrating the Festival of Lights with Nail Art

Wearing nice new clothes is an important part of the Diwali celebrations - so of course, you need pretty nails to match! The Diwali inspired nail art today uses a traditional Indian colour combination - dark red and gold. Also, Diwali is the Festival of lights and traditionally tens of small earthen lamps (diya) are lit by every household on Diwali. And the day is not complete without some fireworks! I have tried to include all these aspects of the festival into my manicure.

diwali nail art

For my Diwali nails, I used China Glaze Fast Track on the middle and ring fingers and Sally Hansen Insta Dri Quick Brick on the other three. I then used a nail art brush and the polishes, SH Quick Brick and Essence My Fortune Cookie to paint the diyas and the sparkly fire fountain from those fireworks flower pots. I added gold and red hex glitter for extra sparkle.

diwali nail art

To everyone who celebrates this festival, wish you a very Happy Diwali!

diwali nail art

No comments:

Post a Comment