Saturday 7 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Seven - Black & White Nails



This is the first black and white look I've ever done - and I must say, I really liked it.
For this manicure, I used  Sally Hansen Hard As Nails White Tip and stamped with Konad Black and the image plate, Pueen 44.

After I did this manicure, I decided to experiment a little more and taped each nail off diagonally and painted it black. But I didn't like this second look as much. Maybe its just because the black I used here, Maybelline Onyx Rush, bubbled up a little or maybe it just needs a softer colour here. It also made me realise I need better black and white nail polishes! The two that I used here are quite thin and so were difficult to work with in this type of a tape manicure.


In the end, I decided that I liked the nails in the first photo better and so those are my official black and white nails for this challenge. What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You are doing very well with the Challenge!

      Delete
  2. I agree! I see where you were going with the second one, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It might turn out better with softer colours - maybe the black and white were just too stark for that look! Will have to try it out sometime! :-)

      Delete