Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tri-Polish Tuesday - One Stroke Floral Nail Art

For my Tri Polish Tuesday manicure today, I have some one stroke flowers on my nails.
The red base polish is Rimmel Riviera Red. The freehand floral nail art is done with NYC Lexington Yellow, Barry M Mango, Key Lime and Matt White. I used a flat nail art brush for the flowers, a fine detailing brush for the leaves and a fine dotting tool.


There are a lot of great tutorials on the internet for these one stroke flowers. I saw a few of these tutorials on youtube for inspiration although I didn't follow anyone exactly.
The tutorials that I saw for these flowers use acrylic paints for the nail art. I used nail polish for mine but I can see how it would probably be easier to use acrylics. I guess the best way to describe it is that acrylic paints would glide on easier - nail polish gets a bit sticky, specially when its been sitting on your palette for a few minutes and it can smear your base polish a little. Also, acrylic paints can be washed off with water if you make a mistake and want to start over without messing up your base polish. I was just too lazy to go dig out my acrylic paints - but I might have to try that the next time!




3 comments:

  1. Super pretty! I always love one stroke florals, they look so elegant, but I haven't tried it myself yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love one stroke flowers - I can never seem to get them right though! Yours have worked out so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Really appreciate your encouragement!
    I love the one-stroke flowers as well and hoping to get better with practice! :-)

    ReplyDelete