Thursday 26 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twenty-Six - Inspired by a Pattern

For this part of the challenge, I knew I had to go with a sari pattern! There is such a large variety of patterns to choose from and the colours are so vibrant and gorgeous. I chose this beautiful silk sari -


And here are the nails, inspired by the pattern ...


For this manicure, I applied base coat and once dry, I taped off the ends with the french manicure guides. Then I painted the top part of the nail with Color Club Secret Agent. I stamped the paisley image from the plate QA59 with Essie Penny Talk. I painted the tips with Essence My Fortune Cookie and added the hex glitter.


This is my first Essence Polish. Its a glittery, yellow gold, which was exactly what I wanted. I got it on a recent trip to Belgium since I had heard about this brand but never tried it. Right after I got it though, I found out that Essence is coming to Wilkinson's in the UK soon. I believe its already available in selected stores. Check out the Essence Facebook page for details, if you are interested and live in the UK.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This look so delicate (: beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, super pretty. I wouldn't have thought to combine purple and yellow/gold but that is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and the hex glitter is a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete