Wednesday 25 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twenty-Five - Inspired by Fashion

For my fashion inspired nails, I chose a dress by Balenciaga, AW12.



I started with a base of Barry M Matt White and stamped with Konad Black with the image plate, Konad M57. I then added a layer of top coat. I was planning to use scotch tape to section off the nails diagonally before painting with the second colour. But I was too impatient to wait for the nails to dry - Scotch tape manis can end really badly if the nails are not completely dry! So I used a nail art brush to draw diagonal lines across the nails before filling them in with NYC Midnight in Amethyst.

5 comments:

  1. hehe, I can never be patient enough to wait to do taped manis lol! I love this design, these are really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really striking! I'm also pretty impatient about the tape manis, haha.

    ReplyDelete