Tuesday 29 October 2013

Gold Paisley on Scarlet and Revlon Top Coat Review

Diwali, the Festival of Lights is just around the corner so I have been thinking of some Indian themed manicures. Today's manicure is just a little attempt towards that. For this manicure, I used the nail polish, Collection Cosmetics Scorched, which is a shimmery red-orange colour. I stamped the gold paisley on the nails from the Bundle Monster plate, BM315, with Barry M Gold Foil.

paisely stamping and Revlon Top Coat Review


Also, I have been using the new Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat for the last week or two and thought I would do a quick review. This top coat is certainly quick dry - it is touch dry within a minute or two. It is however much thinner than some of the other quick dry top coats that I have used, say Seche Vite. The disadvantage of it being thinner is that it does not make the nails quite as glossy as Seche Vite. On the other hand, because its thinner, it is easier to apply, it does not bubble up even with a couple of coats and it did not streak my stamping. I think it is especially good to use as an intermediate top coat when you want the base layer to dry before you do your nail art. Overall, I am quite happy with it and would definitely buy and use again.

paisely stamping and Revlon Top Coat Review

2 comments:

  1. Really pretty color combo and thanks for reviewing the Revlon top coat...I kept looking at it wondering if I should pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad the review is helpful! :-)

    ReplyDelete